1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So......who here likes Busch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, May 26, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Keystone Regular.

Never had I seen a Keystone Regular can in my life until one morning after a heavy, heavy night of drinking, I opened the fridge, and I saw that red son of a bitch staring right back at me.

I've never been so close to throwing up at the sight of beer in my life than I was at that moment.

2. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

It's difficult to resist the marketing allure of Alex the Dog.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

My preference for your low price point beers is Icehouse.

The worst--Coors Light (sorry Chef). Not much different than drinking water.

Busch--not bad. One of the first beers I ever drank back in my teenage wasteland days.

But, the right answer is...We've got bush!

[​IMG]

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

One of life's great unanswered questions is if Coors Light is water flavored beer, or beer flavored water.

The other night while in the grocery store, I noticed that someone had placed a case of Coors Light on the shelf with the bottled water. I don't know if it was intended to be a joke, but I got a chuckle out of it.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Coors Light is enormously popular up here in Canuckistan for some reason. (The original Coors was also made by Molson - long before the merge or buyout or whatever - and didn't fare anywhere near as well.)

6. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Cheapest I go is Rolling Rock, obtainable for less than $1 a bottle by 12-pack. If that makes me an unforgivable snob, so be it. Bud, Coors, Miller, Busch, etc. -- will drink water before drinking any of that.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

No apology needed.....I don't drink Coors Light.....Original, yes....Light....fail

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

This is what cheap beer will make you do:

From: http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25544544-5012895,00.html

And the mandatory picture

[​IMG]

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Come on. Who HASN'T played a game like that before?

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I prefer the original.

[​IMG]

This must be an old, old photo since they're constructing what used to be Stouffer's Riverfront (now the Millennium).

11. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Yeah, that must be a really old picture because I was in St. Louis in 2006 when they won the World Series and it was finished by then, IIRC.

Draft saved Draft deleted