1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, who coaches the San Diego Chargers next year?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Oh, I'm definitely not saying he's the answer. I'm just calling him because nobody else did and I think the Chargers'll give him a look if Marty is gone.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

There's a reason sucky teams didn't look at him. Why would a good team?

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Hell, I don't know. I'm just calling him.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Don Coryell

5. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Marty ball will be back I promise.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He made some bad decisions, but you have to put a huge chunk of blame on the players. The fumble after Brady's third interception was inexcusable. So was the failure to just fall on the ball after the fumbled punt, not to mention the idiotic decision by Rivers on Colvin's interception.

Martyball had plenty of help losing this one.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

Marty should be fired immediately for his inexplicable red flag request on the fumble that had no chance of overturn and cost his team one, maybe two plays at the end. He's to the coaching fraternity come playoff time what Peyton Manning is to quarterbacks in the similar period.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Though I think you're right that Martz for them would be awful, if you were hiring for Atlanta (before they hired a coach, of course), would you think about bringing him on, even if just for a couple of years, on the chance that he might be the one to figure out what to do with Vick?

9. Flying Headbutt

Not in a system demanding timing and accuracy and lots of complex reads.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

You think he's a one trick pony, or worked around his players & could come up with something for Vick too. I don't know him well enough to know.

11. Flying Headbutt

He got it to work with Green, Warner, and Bulger. He knows offense. But I don't think Vick would be able to do it. He's not as precise as is sometimes needed.

12. Blog Is My Co-Pilot

Blog Is My Co-Pilot New Member

[​IMG]

Doubt that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love.

Draft saved Draft deleted