1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So who beat at the Blue-Gray game today?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 25, 2008.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I imagine plenty of my Vols starred, right?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

best team among the three Division 1 teams which didn't qualify for a bowl... Auburn and Eastern Michigan were the other two.

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Strange how it was so quiet there. Almost like there wasn't a crowd at all.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Kelly Tires weeps.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

The Blue team won; the Gray team will spend the next 150 years insisting things happened differently. Also, they'll refer to the game as "The All-Star game between the two colors."

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

You mean "The All-Star game of Blue aggression."

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Granny will have the rest of the Clampetts reliving this game for years

8. This was very well-played.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Aw, the memories. I remember watching that game as a kid. Of course, that was before there were 34 --- yikes, actually 34 --- bowl games and you could find decent players whose teams went 6-5 and weren't invited.

Aw, well, maybe this one is one death in the name of progress that we can tolerate.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I miss the Blue-Gray game. When I was a kid, both my parents would have to work on Christmas, so my mom would take me to her job for the day. She'd arrange to have a TV put in the employee lounge, where I'd spend the day.

In the days of having just a few channels, the Blue-Gray game was the best thing on TV.

11. I remember wondering if the Blue-Gray Game was for players who just weren't good enough for the North-South Game, which was for players who just weren't good enough for the East-West Shriners Game from Kezar Stadium in San Francisco.
    Then the Hula Bowl came along and screwed up my childhood.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The Blue-Gray Game was for wondering what school a guy played for, since he had about 18 stickers on his helmet at once.

Draft saved Draft deleted