1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So where's the thread for the GOP debate Sunday night?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Oct 22, 2007.

1. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

So you admit that there's nothing wrong with the system in theory. It just wasn't run correctly. What if it was?

And who is a Rebel? I don't know. But I know this:

Modern Industry has converted the little workshop of the patriarchal master into the great factory of the industrial capitalist. Masses of laborers, crowded into the factory, are organized like soldiers. As privates of the industrial army, they are placed under the command of a perfect hierarchy of officers and sergeants. Not only are they slaves of the bourgeois class, and of the bourgeois state; they are daily and hourly enslaved by the machine, by the overlooker, and, above all, in the individual bourgeois manufacturer himself. The more openly this despotism proclaims gain to be its end and aim, the more petty, the more hateful and the more embittering it is.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Again, bring forth unions as a balance. Neither needs to be dictatorial.

Which is what you get with Lenin's model.

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Yawn don't wrangle with us so long as you apply, to our intended abolition of bourgeois property, the standard of your bourgeois notions of freedom, culture, law, etc. Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of the conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class made into a law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economical conditions of existence of your class.

4. Is he ever going to catch on?

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

No. He will never catch on that his capitalistic system is morally bankrupt and the only way toward societal advancement is through the suppression of the bourgeois.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

To the awesomeness of AYA? I doubt it!

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

My very ideas are based on freedom, but a freedom that is accompanied by personal accountability and responsibility and awareness that no man is an island. The problem with any system is power and absolute power corrupts absolutely. The system is only as good as the moral deposit on hand.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Does anyone else wonder how many fortune cookies yawn has to eat before he can string together a post?

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

For being anywhere from lightyears to many miles apart in what we believe, his last statement makes tremendous sense to me.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Well, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Lucky numbers: 4,8,23

Draft saved Draft deleted