1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So where does Vince Young stand now?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Prince of Persia, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Behind center, hopefully.

2. Steve

Steve Guest

Um, Pallister and everyone else: notice that we already assume VY has hangers-on, or an entourage. There's no proof to that and, in fact, if you ask anyone in Nashville they'll tell you he's the opposite. Apparently he has one guy who is his assistant, and that's it. Agents are his family. Doesn't go out on the town either. Just interesting that we would never assume a white QB had hangers-on.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Everyone else? I specifically said I had no idea.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Most famous people, black or white, have hangers-on. Look at any politician's campaign staff.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

What wicked said, Steve. You're the one assuming things about people -- and doing a terrible job at it.

6. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

1) Who is we?

2) I've been going through the memory banks and other than Eli Manning (who had his father), what prominent white QB had an entourage or hangers-on?

Edit: Favre did back in the day -- a small core of his teammates.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Drew Bledsoe had daddy Mac hanging around all the time.

Well, he also had Scott Zolak and his offensive linemen (in his single days).

You just don't hear about it when it's not a factor -- i.e. their "posse" ain't running dogfighting rings.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Virtually every famous athlete or entertainer, or, for that matter, anyone who has lots of money, has hangers-on, people who wouldn't be hanging around if they were, say, journalists.

9. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Vince Young is a winner, but he's not as exciting as Micheal Vick. Vick had a mystique about him. Vince does not. He'll be SOMEBODY, but not to the extent Vick was.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Yeah, he won't be someone's bitch in prison unlike MICHEAL.

11. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Again, you've underestimated Mike Vick. Mike Vick will have BITCHES in jail. They lined up hoping they can become his cellmate and would probably do anything for him.

Mike will be a GOD in jail. STFU

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wow, this is my new sig quote. Thanks, sportsbruh.

Draft saved Draft deleted