1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So where does Vince Young stand now?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Prince of Persia, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Oh no, not in my opinion. He's definitely one of the top 5 qbs in the league(I think he's number 3 behind Manning and Brady). But the difference here is that he's much better passer than both of these guys(will see with Vince).

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I found this on youtube the other day. Merrill Hodge is an idiot :D ;D ;D

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Without question, McNabb is a far better overall QB than Vick. Can't say anything yet about Young b/c he hasn't had enough time to prove himself, but as far as marketability goes...?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

At least we won't have to put up with fucking idiots out of Philly arguing that Jeff Garcia should be starting over Donovan McNabb this year. ::) ::)

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Their Wonderlic scores were pretty similar

6. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Merril Hoge also said Andrew Walter was the best quarterback in the Pac Ten the year he came out - better than Leinart. Nice call, idiot.

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Hey, now that's going too far. How dare you insult Vince Young like that! You go over to him and apologize this instant!

8. heyabbott

If anyone is hurt by what Heyabbott said, then Heyabbott is sorry they're hurt.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Young, at this point, is overhyped to the extent Vick was. It appears he has more overall skills. But that doesn't mean he'll live up to the hype. If he's got the desire to improve and not believe all his hangers-on, he should become a very good quarterback. Vick lacked both desire and perspective, and, as a result, he actually got worse as the hype grew.

10. heyabbott

Maybe Young likes to cockfight?

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, he still took a few games to fit in. The Jaguars handed him his lunch twice. I think in two games, he's completed 44 percent of his passes, 4-5 turnovers, 3 sacks and only 5-of-23 third-down conversions against Jax defense.
    Let's not annoint him yet.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

I was at the game in Jacksonville, hoping to see an exciting young QB, but he looked completely lost. He's still gonna have those kinds of games this year. He hasn't even played a full season.

Draft saved Draft deleted