1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So...whatcha getting for X-Mas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I'm getting the Charlie Brown collection on DVD, and The Simpsons Season Nine

My wife is getting (has already got) a new kitten.

We've both been pretty good

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

That reminds me of my evil plan. My wife is dead set against having a pet like a dog or cat. Too messy, too stinky, too expensive.

But I, and all the kids, would love a nice mid-sized dog. So, one of these years, I'm going to install a doggy-door on the garage, set up a dog run/kennel in the vacant lot behind our house and surprise everyone with a puppy for Christmas.

I think I'll have to wait until I no longer want sex, though. Because I'll be on the couch for a few months.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, but your kids will madly love you for it, making you the "good" parent. Use them to guilt her. :D

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

I have a Shar-pei.......best dog I could ever ask for.

Loyal......smart as a whip........GREAT with kids.........

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Snowshoes. And I got them early, which helped yesterday in my trek into the office during the blizzard.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

A bag of dark chocolate mint truffles, and I've already bought five tickets for the Florida-Carolina hockey game on Dec. 26. As much bad hockey as I've seen this year in person, I need a good change-of-pace to remind me how cool this game usually is.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

iPod, rice cooker.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

There's a joke about happy puppies and dead kittens in here somewhere...

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I know I alread replied to this message, but if I draw your name next year in the SportsJournalists.com secret Santa pool, I know exactly what to get you.

10. Sam Mills 51

If you had any idea of how bad some of the hockey I've watched is, you'll realize how theraputic this will be. Not to mention being anonymous ...

I saw a 9-8 OT game barely a week ago ... one in which one of the scorers for the league spilled soda all over my keyboard, causing the laptop to short out. Never mind that I was trying to keep my stats since the league's PC for scorekeeping was stolen. What a freaking mess ... and the coach for losing team, a former goaltender, called the game disgusting.

He wasn't kidding.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Quest For Fire, my favorite family film

12. Sam Mills 51

Eloquent use of language.

Draft saved Draft deleted