1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, what was the holdup? Or I just started watching The Wire.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Feb 15, 2009.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I can't express in words my love for that film. Sanaa Lathan is so beautiful.

2. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Best show on TV. Season five was the worst of the seasons, but since we all are familiar with newsrooms, we probably enjoy it more than civilians.

Just a tremendous, tremendous show. Better than the Sopranos.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

As I told dools, welcome to sixty-some of the best hours you'll ever spend looking at a television screen.

On the same theme, I watched the first few episodes of Weeds for the first time on Netflix instant today -- fantastic stuff. Tremendous dialogue, and funny as hell. Can't wait to see the rest.

4. jps

jps Active Member

just finished the first season. loved the final few minutes, wrapping up how all the work those guys had done meant, essentially, nothing. bad guys get sent away and new bad guys take their place, doing the same things. both 'sides' just kept on rolling.

maybe a dumb question, but is the second season good as well? just watched the first two episodes last night, and it was pretty slow going. I know the first few of season 1 were sort of slow, but didn't feel to be as slow as 2. we also picked up the second disc of season 2 and will certainly watch, but just hoping the magic continues through the whole series.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I had the exact same feelings, jps. I almost stopped watching since the first two episodes were on one disc and I needed to get the next one via netflix. Get that next disc. You won't regret it.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

JPS, I absolutely hated the opening episodes of Season Two, but the more I watched the more I got into it. It's probably my second favorite season (Behind the absolutely stunning Season Four).

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

stay with it, trust me

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

S2 is kind of a jarring change at the start, but you'll be making one of the biggest mistakes of your TV-watching life if you quit on this show now.

9. jps

jps Active Member

so when does it pick up? do we have to bore ourselves through the next few episodes, or will it pick up here? I trust y'all that it gets better ... just soooooo slow! I'd have been annoyed to be watching these a week apart.

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Keep watching. I just finished watching the series finale. What an amazing show. I wish I had watched it when it was on.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

It takes a little bit of time. I'd love to give you an exact moment but I have no idea when that is. I just kept watching against my will and then one day realized "Oh, crap, this is a damn good season."

Believe me, you'll love every bit of Season Two on the second watch, even the parts you hate right now.

12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Honestly, it starts getting better on the next disc. Turns into a very good season.

Draft saved Draft deleted