1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So ... what did you get for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by da_grand_pubah, Dec 25, 2006.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I made out pretty good...

Two Springsteen books (Greetings from E Street by Robert Santelli and On Tour by Dave Marsh)
    Pinky & the Brain DVD Vol. 2
    Animaniacs DVD Vol. 1
    Animaniacs DVD Vol. 2
    A fleece
    A Yankees cap (with Yankees written in Hebrew)

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Nothing beats Christmas as a kid . . . but this one came pretty close. Started out good and kept getting better.

Self-cleaning electric razor
    Shirts
    Shoes
    CDs
    $1,700 cash

Then . . . after being out of town for several days, I arrived home a couple of hours ago to find a letter from my homeowners' insurance company (the one that raised my premium 126% in November).

Enclosed was a check for $880, with "premium refund" the only explanation offered.

Ho ho ho indeed.

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

Holy Crimea. That's pretty sweet.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sounds like they canceled your policy and refunded you the prorated difference.

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

That's what I thought, too, but didn't want to ruin her glee.

6. Desk_dude

Desk_dude Member

They likely had you paying an increased amount that was proposed and not actually approved by the state agency. A lot of companies were lowering their increases after their higher amounts were turned down.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Then they owe me a lot more than that.

Policy took effect Nov. 19.

Premium was $2,837.

Prorated difference (11 months) would be $2,600.

I think if your policy is canceled, you get a letter saying something like, you know, "your policy has been canceled."

Upon further review, the notation said, "endorsement premium refund". There are about a dozen "endorsements" on the policy. Perhaps one (or more) of the increases was axed.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

My wife cleaned up, but I didn't do bad.

Me
    1. Golf bag (first brand-new one I've every had)
    2. Beverly Hills 90210 Season 1 on DVD :)
    3. Roustabout (Elvis Presley movie)
    4. The Elvis Encyclopedia
    5. Keychain from my oldest daughter.

More to come at my parents' house tomorrow :)

Wifey
    1. Tracfone
    2. Kodak digital camera. 7 megapixels, 3 inch LCD, 3x zoom
    3. $200 to Lowe's
    4. Lots of jewelry from the daughters.

But that doesn't include the incredible generosity of the parents of the kids in my wife's daycare. One mother got my wife $100 in cash and a massage worth $128. Geezuz. Plus a gift card to a local steak joint, which includes the gift giver watching our kids.

Then we have an older retired person who does the agate page. The other day, he asks me if my kids like McDonald's. Well, of course! So he hands me three $5 gift certificate books.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Huggy Jr can sit with JR and I. We'll have home, away and third jersey covered. :D

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Mrs. Wretch got the big gift this year, a KitchenAid stand mixer in the exact color she wanted. We've still not unpacked from visiting family, but that damn thing has been unboxed and set up on the kitchen counter already.

I got the top three things off my Amazon wishlist plus a very, very nice waterproof coat.

11. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

1. Sports Night: The Complete Collection (rockin').

2. A Christmas Story 20-inch leg lamp (bitchin').

3. A plane ticket home to see Ms. Bobcat this weekend before she heads back to London for two months (spectacular).

4. My 1,000th post (oh, that's just sad).

12. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

Xbox 360, baby. That's right, I'm a 12-year-old in a 26-year-old body. Proud of it, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted