1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So ... what did you get for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by da_grand_pubah, Dec 25, 2006.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Best. Rant. Ever. :) :D ;D

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Indeed. A classic.

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

$50 cash
    $5 Subway gift card
    A box of cookies that didn't quite survive its cross-country trip

Nothing as impressive as, say, a hypocycloid, but at least I have the Mythbusters marathon to see out the rest of the day.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Got an amazing 6-quart Le Creuset Dutch oven, a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, a new wooden spoon, new boxer briefs, a pack of T-shirts, an iPod transmitter to use in my truck and (for some reason) a Rocky box set.

The in-laws gave me some nice Clarks shoes (not the ugly-ass boots, but a nice pair of dark brown leather shoes) and a kick-ass RLC sweater.

My parents gave us each $150. From the cousin I got a nice Columbia pull-over fleece thingy.

My aunt, a Bama cheerleading director, got me all sorts of Tide stuff (except a new coach), including a nice watch and a Dri-fit shirt.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

1) Ipod, baby. Ipod. :)

2) Shiatsu chair cushion. Either I'm going to get back relief, or it's going to grind my vertebrae to dust. It's an even call right now.

6. patchs

patchs Active Member

Hey Hugs, me too on the Phins, and Hi Def at that. They'll be wearing aqua, my fav jersey.
    Anyways, I got a lotta cash which I can use to pay off my Weber grill or maybe I'll get a Xm SkyFi 3?
    For gifts, 2 shirt and tie combos, my in-laws got me the Ricky Bobby DVD, a nice Hawaii book and calendar and a license plate frame where scrolls messages (Eat Me would be a good one!).
    Oh yeah, my mom got me this collection of 15 regional candy bars, including an Idaho Spud, Nut Goodie, Goo Goo Cluster, Sky Bar, Rocky Road and so many other greats.
    The girls (ages 5 and 6) got a ton of toys including Moon Sand which as a fellow parent I warn you NEVER to buy no matter how much your kids beg for it after seeing the TV ads.
    Messiest crap I've ever seen.
    And guitars, they each got a guitar.
    Ouch, my ears.
    I guess it could be worse, they might have gotten drums.
    Merry Christmas all SportsJournalists.commers, especially the ones I met in Toronto, and Moddy and Ides.

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I ate too much and had to take a wicked shiatsu.

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Nut Goodies are regional?

Those are the greatest candy bars ever created!

9. patchs

patchs Active Member

I've never seen one in my neck of the Northeast.
    Damn tasty.
    Also, the Maple Bun is excellent too.

10. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

I got a couple of books, some stocking stuffer odds and ends and a check for $500. Santa asked for my wish list several times, but I never could come up with anything.

11. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

My 7-year-old daughter telling me, "This is the best Christmas ever!"

12. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

The usual _ clothes, cash.

But it's a good thing I left the parents' house when I did. A cousin of my mom's, who lives in the area, called to wish the family a merry Christmas, and to also ask me why we don't have coverage of national college soccer in our paper (her granddaughter plays for a D-I team out west). Had I been home, and heard that, she would have been told to drink a big glass of shut-the-fuck-up egg nog.

That might have spoiled the holiday mood.

Draft saved Draft deleted