1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So ... what did you get for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by da_grand_pubah, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Not to sound like the sentimental sap, but after two days of trying to get to London through the fog, me, the wife and the boy-o made it. On Christmas Day, my mom, whom I hadn't seen in two years, finally got there from Colorado Springs, nearly four days after she was supposed to fly out of Denver.

She brought presents, but United lost her luggage. Figures. Still, it's nice to see my mom again. Been far too long!

On the gift side, my wife got me the new novel by Christopher Moore, "A Dirty Job" and a new pen I had been coveting. She got a couple of DVDs that she had wanted along with a Marc Chagall lithograph, signed by the artist.

The boy? He's 18-months-old. The wrapping paper and a set of wooden blocks made him squeal with delight.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Finally got to open my presents. Got the book "Midnight Hockey", a DVD of "The Best of Bobby Orr" and my favourite cologne. I'm a very lucky woman. :D

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I got the book - and it's a massive thing - of CBC's Hockey: A People's History and plenty of imported beer (Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout - Yum!). Lovely brunch - including a Guiness for yours truly. Looking forward to watching my Dolphins tonight.

Huggy Jr. is ecstatic over his first official hockey jersey (as opposed to t-shirt copies of same) that is the green counterpart to one I've seen HC sporting on occasion.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yes, Merry Christmas, Dick. :D

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Oh and that John Entwistle tour jacket would be a major score.

Long live the Ox! (Maybe I'll have a brandy and ginger in his memory.)

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

7. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

If you have to wait for Christmas for that, then that's kind of sad.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

That is not always a bad thing. :D

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Snow boots, Moroccan tea set, music (Benny Goodman at Carnegie Hall and Clancy Brothers at Carnegie Hall), books, dark green Dallas Stars zip-up hoodie, black fleece Dallas Cowboys light jacket. I'm spoiled, as usual...only child.

Yummy dinner today. Roast beef with crusty wheat bread and mint jelly, sauteed asparagus, stuffed mushrooms. Many Guinnesses. And now I'm at work...not buzzed, but a little sleepy. Fortunately, all I have to do is push buttons and read the regional weather forecast.

Merry Christmas to all... :)

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Merry Christmas, Irish.

11. Wanted to add ...

I got Mrs. Murci a Philips 9" digital photo frame. It was a big hit. I realize now that it would be more outstanding as an anniversary gift (ie parents who hit 30 or 40 or 50 years) ... but the "frame" still is swell in this capacity.

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Feliz navidad, Doc!

Hope Santa kicked the ass of any local Cardinals fans as he passed through your town last night. Just 'cause Santa wears red doesn't mean he's down with that kind of douchebaggery.

Draft saved Draft deleted