1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So ... what did you get for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by da_grand_pubah, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

DAMN!! You win.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

You win! :D We got the gold one. It's a foam hat, right on par with the Cheesehead in Green Bay.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Moddy, if you lived closer I'd welcome you, your wife and kids to share Christmas dinner. We're spending a very quiet day today, just the five of us (including my dog :D ), playing with our new toys, kicking back and relaxing after the insane craziness of the previous week.

Ham, homemade scalloped taters, wild rice, veggies and lots of homemade Christmas cookies for dessert.

4. Moderator1

We're on the way, I'll come by way of Tahoe. See you in 30.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Sounds like a plan! ;)

Oh, and the beer is on ice.

6. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Merry Christmas Rosie, thanks for the computer help this year.

My funny little hunny decided that 4 years of playing Tiger Woods Golf 03 was enough. I can now spend 4 years playing Tiger Woods Golf 07.

Yea me!

We tried something new this year. My daughters big present (concert tickets) had to be hunted for. With clues sending her all over the house. Clues I spent a day working on. Turns out some of my "old" references were not very helpful. She had no idea that piano keys were "ivories" for instance.

But even though she had to be directed somewhat, we scored with the gift.

Merry HO HO everybody.

7. Moderator1

I did a scavenger hunt a few years ago that was great. It got my wife out of the house for two hours.

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Merry Christmas to you, Dick. And you're very welcome.

At the hubby's family Christmas yesterday, one of the gift-givers sent the giftee on a 'answer the right question' hunt for her present.

We were all in hysterics by the time she found her present.

9. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Got some clothes, some books (including an out-of-print copy of Twelve O'Clock High my MIL tracked down), but the coolest was the Get Smart complete set. Guess what I'll be doing today!

Also, after looking for it for a few days, I just found my 2005 Moddy Christmas Album, which is playing now. It's like getting it all over again!

Merry Christmas to all!

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I got most of my christmas last Monday when I was in Maryland visiting my family. But my grandma got me a buncha backpacking gear (rain gear, a no-batteries-needed flashlight). Can't wait till spring to try it out.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I got the season 5 of 24, a few sweaters (yes, sweaters), money, a Christian music CD and a Schik (sp?) quattro titanium razor. I think that's it.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Oz??? I can see it now, "Hallmark Presents: A Very Special Em City Christmas". That show used to keep me awake at night. Talk about scared straight.

Draft saved Draft deleted