1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So ... what did you get for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by da_grand_pubah, Dec 25, 2006.

1. And a very special Christmas greeting to you, too.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

xm roady xt

me and jr. chef got matching suzuki 4-wheelers, brain buckets, and goggles.

"freakin awesome"---[espnradiocommercial]

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Well, he just sounded sad about the whole thing, I thought maybe the idea might cheer him up a bit.

4. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Actually, that's not a bad idea. I think part of the problem is that she just doesn't believe me when I tell her how much she can spend. That's why I actually hand her cash from our account, so that she understands that the money is supposed to be spent on Christmas gifts.

5. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

We got lots of good stuff in Casa Cougar. My parents bought Cougarguy and I a nativity set, while Cougarguy's parents bought us the mother of all coffee makers - one less thing to add to the registry! Also, Cougarguy got the two of us a bike trainer, which will come in handy on cold mornings when I can't even fathom going outside to take the bike for a spin.

The most humorous gift was a hypocycloid, given to us by my parents. Guess what a hypocycloid is!

6. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Got the only thing I really wanted ... a cozy, red cashmere sweater. (And a bunch of other stuff, god love my wife, parents and relatives.)

Merry Christmas, everyone!!!

7. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Schrute bobblehead = a win.

Those puppies aren't shipping again until February.

As for me, I hit the jackpot this year. ... I've got a smoking hot girlfriend. [/rickybobby]

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

A James Taylor Greatest Hits CD. He's one of my faves.

A DVD of "The Shawshank Redemption," so now I don't have to suffer through TNT's endless commercials.

A shirt from my alma mater.

A wonderful hand-made card from my child.

Some cash from mom and pops that will come in handy.

A great morning at home with the family, to be followed by a late afternoon dinner at some friends' house.

And I'm wearing my Secret Santa's gift, keeping me warm.

Another nice Christmas.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

We haven't opened our gifts yet but I woke up next to the man I love, he made me breakfast and then we had our coffee while watching an episode of "Oz".

It doesn't get any better than this. :)

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

cougargirl ... you got a Spirograph? Cool. :)

I asked for very little and would have been very happy just getting cards for Christmas --- there's not really anything I need or want right now. I ended up receiving a DVD, coupla CDs, cash, bottle of men's cologne and a shirt.

11. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Here's an example with three of them:
    [​IMG]

My wife got me a Pioneer Inno portable XM player. Annoying coworkers are much less annoying when you can't hear them.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I made a haul. All kinds of cool shit - our quiet opening time in the a.m. is the best part of Christmas.
    Soon the house will be crawling with people who don't like me complaining about the dinner I'm now cooking while the rest of the family is off visiting.
    But the first 13 1/2 hours of Christmas were great.

Draft saved Draft deleted