1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So what did Madman Mahmoud have to say today?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Sep 25, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

So their guy is a "madman?" What does that make our guy?

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They can't help but be there. It's right on their border.

Would we just sit idly by if a superpower invaded a nation on our border?

Why is every country "evil" if it does exactly what we would do if we were in its shoes?

Iran was actually helping us fight the Taliban in Afghanistan at first . . . until we decided to toss them into the "axis of evil" and invade their next-door neighbor.

Just an idiot. Same as always.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I didn't even pass judgment on them with my comment. I said they've done a helluva job fighting a war without actually fighting. That was it.

4. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Pulling out of Iraq wouldn't ease tensions one iota. Then again, nothing will ease tensions in the Middle East, and that's why getting getting into Iraq in the first place was a bad idea. That region has been at war since Babylon.

5. I'd like more evidence that Iran is fighting this war at all than that provided by the passel of liars in DC.

6. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Calm down? Hahaha. .....All I know is there's plenty who are pedalling talk that this guy's not a danger, this country doesn't need to be taken seriously. Sounds familiar.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Does talk of IEDs with Iranian markings not faze you?

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

If true, it still doesn't mean the Iranian government's behind it. How much of our own ordnance has been stolen since we rolled in? Where'd those 100,000 AK-47s go?

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Not to pick on our friend the mob boss, but I've seen this one several places around here lately and it's driving me freaking crazy...

Tony Soprano peddles stuff that falls off the back of a truck.

Tony Soprano should probably spend more time pedalling his exercise bike.

Please and thank you.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Faked, Forged and Manufactured in Area 51 1/2

11. jboy

jboy Guest

So what should we do about it? Invade Iran? Drop some bombs on them? I know why don't we invade, throw out the ruling party and sit back and watch as democracy flourishes.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

jboy, no one ever said to invade Iran, at least not me. Our best hope is to try diplomacy. However, that does not give the Iranian regime the right to go and kill Americans just because.

Draft saved Draft deleted