1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So what can I do in Cincinnati?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Prince of Persia, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Z-Man (a UC grad) and I used to drink at Christie's a lot. Its a basement bar underneath a Hungarian restaurant just off UC's campus. I dug it.

The Skyline nearest to UC (on Ludlow?) is my fave Cinci place to eat.

2. the fop

the fop Member

Geez, settle down. It's not like it's Applebees. When it opened it was the first authentic Hofbrauhaus in the U.S. Given cincinnati's german, beermaking and beerdrinking heritage, it's not a bad place to visit at all.

IIRC, there was also a good local German place called the Black Forest, but I think that was way north, like Sharonville? Not quite all the way to Kings Island.

In Mount Lookout, Zips makes a great burger. Down the street, Millions and Mount Lookout Tavern were good local bars. Mount Adams has a ton of bars and is better known for them than Mount Lookout. Also closer to downtown, and some great city views. City View Tavern on Oregon is a great dive, good burgers and yes, views. Crowley's Highland House fun as well.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Is Skyline Chili the one with cinnamon in it?

4. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Cinnamon and chocolate.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Nobody responded about Walt's Hitching Post, no biggie.
    I was trying to remember the place on a hill, not far from downtown, and then the Mount Adams reference pegged it. Again, this is many. many years ago, but there was a pizza place that was awesome, I think it was called Adriatics or something like that. Next door was a great bar with a world-class jukebox. We stumbled in there on 25 cent beer night. It was Hudepohl, but so what. That's the place where I bought a round for the house and it cost me 3 bucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted