1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So what can I do in Cincinnati?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Prince of Persia, Jul 11, 2008.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Hoffbrahaus = tourist trap. Hell, people who live in Germany avoid it like the plague. That brewery on Fountain Square is Rock Bottom, which is in a lot of places around the country. There used to be a local brew pub (well a couple of them, but most folded - see that race riot post). One which might still be around is Teller's in the Hyde Park area. Not a chain. :)

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Grater's has a store in Fountain Square...good, good, ice cream.
    Don't go at lunch time, though. You'll stand in a long line.

3. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Skyline is franchised across parts of the Midwest.

Camp Washington Chili is the best ... it's not too far from the old Crosley Field site (which you won't see) and pretty close to I-75 headed into town. I'm partial to Gold Star as No. 2, but I get to eat Skyline a lot when in Indy ... and buy it in the can and make it at home. CWC is pretty spicy, Gold Star has a lot of flavor (the meat's a bit more chunky), Skyline is a bit more pasty.

If you're a history buff, the William Howard Taft home is northeast of downtown.

Not too many bad seats at GABP, but try to avoid the 500 level down the left-field line. They're *really* high. The rightfield line, not as bad (left -- from home to CF -- is designed to look like a retro park; right -- from home to the corner -- appears to be inspired by Riverfront Stadium's seating bowl).

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Teach Adam Dunn how to catch a fly ball.

5. Graeter's raspberry chip is its best, IMHO.

And you can always drive by Peter Frampton's house.

6. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

He's not God.

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I don't care if it's a tourist place. I'm not German, and when I visit Cincy, I'm a tourist and I like the food!
    Same goes for the one in Vegas.
    ;D

8. Can't speak for the one in Newport, but the Hofbrauhaus in Vegas has very good food.

9. lantaur

What I'm trying to say is when in Rome .... (i.e. do something native to Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky).

10. Cincy/NKY does have a big German-American population.

11. lantaur

Wonderful. Then find a local German establishment instead of some piece of shit chain.

12. Or maybe you could name a place or two that fits your criteria?

Draft saved Draft deleted