1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So what can I do in Cincinnati?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Prince of Persia, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

Get a bowtie.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I hear there's a kickass radio station in town

3. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Rasberry Chip ice cream from Graeters is awesome.

East Skyline only if you are near a good bathroom for several hours after (You don't buy Skyline, you rent it!!)

Montgomery Inn. . . mmmmm. The ribs are awesome but the pork chops might be even better.

I also believe there is a race at the Kentucky Speedway that weekend.

4. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

You can also call Killick. He's not busy right now.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

http://www.habanerolatin.com/

In the heart of Clifton and a couple blocks away from a Graeter's (seconded on the raspberry chip). Awesome burritos. Green chile and green apple salsa on a chicken burrito with black beans. Have faith in me on that one.

6. Guys, thanks for the suggestions.

7. Maybe I can bring them a plate of chili with a file hidden underneath so they can escape. Who's the latest guy in trouble for them?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG] + [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I went there one time and live turkeys were falling from the sky.

It was really weird.

10. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Montgomery Inn and Graeter's are both nicely overrated. I don't like chili, but my wife does love the Skyline.

Walking distance (meaning blocks) from the ballpark ... there's basically nothing. They did open a bar - Gametime or something like that - which is a reasonable distance, but no idea if it is still open.

However, I would recommend the Reds Hall of Fame Museum which is right there at the ballpark.

If you love WKRP, then head downtown to Fountain Square to view the fountain which was in the opening shot.

All the good bars which were downtown are now gone (thanks in part to the race riots a few years back). Mt. Lookout is nice, but "preppy." Newport is OK, but is in Kentucky and can be quite cheesy.

11. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

If you like German food, go across the river to the Hofbrauhaus. The food is great, and the Dunkel is even better. There is a Scottish pub called Nicholson's just up the hill from the stadium exit that's got a great beer selection. Skip Cadillac Ranch - it smells funky for some reason.

They show movies at Fountain Square at night, and that's pretty cool just to sit there in nice weather and chill. There is a brewery/restaurant right there at the square that's pretty good.

Everything I mentioned is within walking distance of the stadium, but to cross the river you can catch the bus for $1.25 each way.

Skyline is naaasssty. :-X
    Although I do recommend giving it a try. For Cincy, it's sort of like a Primanti sandwich in Pittsburgh or a cheesesteak in Philly, it's sort of the signature food to say you've experienced.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

:eek: :eek: ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted