1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So what are you doing on New Year's Eve, now that...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'll probably do some coloring in my 'Planet of the Apes' coloring book, eat a thumb-tacks-and-arugala sandwich, drink eight Mickey's and be asleep at 10:43.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We're spending New Years with three other couples, all of which have small kids. The couple that is hosting has a huge house, so everyone is stayig over. Nice dinner, put the kids to sleep and will celebrate a few hours early. Gonna break out a couple of special bottles from my wine collection -- maybe the Cask 23 or the Insignia.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

My dad calls it "amateur night" too; he and mom haven't gone out for New Year's once in 30-plus years of marriage. They have lobster and bubbly and turn in early.

My wife and I will go a friend's party. We're ecstatic to have a babysitter.

To the earlier poster who's heading to Vegas and staying at Mandalay Bay...I'm guessing it's gonna take some pretty hot dice to put a dent in that room tab.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm working, and that's a good thing.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm singing a church service in the morning and the anthem for a hockey game in the afternoon. The evening, I'd like to go out but I suspect we'll stay home.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Means you can't go for the underage kids. :D

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

They'll miss me. ;)

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

So will I!

9. boots

boots New Member

ORGY!

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Y' know, now that I think about it ... I believe at least two of our local strip bars have amateur night on Sunday. :D

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I will say that my last New Year's Eve (spent with hokie and his friends) is the only time I've ever passed out. Got really lit...mixed up some Vodka Collins, but they didn't have a big spoon for the pitcher, so by the time I got to the bottom of it (only one drinking it) I was basically ingesting straight Grey Goose.

Stumbled, fell out on hokie's floor (he let me crash on his couch), made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth and woke up two hours later on the floor.

Draft saved Draft deleted