1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So what are you doing on New Year's Eve, now that...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Dec 27, 2006.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

We go to press at 8 p.m. so that everyone can enjoy the evening. Normally would be even earlier, but the local NFL team is playing.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'll echo the sentiments of those who hate amateur night.

If I want to get drunk, I'll get drunk at home with the girl.

3. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

PARTY AT FOOTBALL_BAT'S HOUSE!!! Yeah, I heard his parents are out of town, and his cousin from Canada is coming with some CHOICE weed. Boy, I hope his parents don't own any of those lawn jockeys. Nobody wants to see Fenian_Bastard do THAT again. Yikes.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Try it. You'll like it.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Think we're going to head to a late dinner, then head to a new, local blues bar. Some guy who plays with the Kudzu Kings is playing.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I have it on very good authority Dick Clark will be LIVE on the air, slurry speech and all. His staff is trying to talk him out of it, but he's insisting.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Heading to a friend's house for beers and a low-key celebration. Hopefully. No more red wine, that's for sure. Last time I did that, I got so smashed that I tripped on the way home, sprained my ankle and tore a hole in my jeans. Yep. Beer is the way to go.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Outing alert: Cosmo is Brian Griese. :D :D

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

That's sad. Nothing worse than to see him in that shape.

I saw him on some other event early in the year and he seemed better than he was on NYE, but he still wasn't in great shape.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Something about a red wine buzz turns me from happy to puddle sloppy in no time flat. And it turns my mouth purple. And people laugh. And I weep.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

My team has a game that afternoon and after I get finished pounding out a gameover for our website my wife and son and I are off to a friend's house for a big party. The next day is football, football and more football.

12. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Friend of mine is having a house party. There will be a number of lovely young ladies there -- and a karaoke machine. The key is to get drunk enough so I lose my inhibitions, but not so drunk that I'm sloppy.

Draft saved Draft deleted