1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So what are you doing on New Year's Eve, now that...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Dec 27, 2006.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

You forgot to start with, "If it's real"

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Four-plus hours later, this comment still troubles me. I can't get the dastardly image out of my head, no matter how much I try.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Although I'm tempted to surprise my wife and buy tickets for the Southside Johnny & the Jukes show an hour away in Red Bank, we'll probably just spend a nice, quiet romantic evening at home.
    (side note: I'm the Southside Johnny fan, she's not)

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Your best bet is to kickoff New Year's Eve early and start drinking now in hope of forgetting this thread ever exhisted

5. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Pretty much the same story, as far as I know. One of my friends was going to come to town until I had to work. Now I'll just go drink with some of my coworkers.

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Mrs. Flip and I farmed the kids out to relatives (calling in years of babysitting favors) and fly out the morning of Dec. 31 for Cancun. The plane lands at 10:30 a.m., resort is an hour away, I'll be on the beach at noon.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

I will be at home while the kids and spouse are 6 hours away...
    I am getting more sad thinking about it.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Have no idea.. .am up for offers, but have a feeling it will be staying at home on amatuer night... too many years spent being a professional drinker to go out with the three-times-a-year crowd....

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I don't get the point of specifically getting drunk on New Years Eve but rarely if ever at any other time of the year.

A friend of mine, a lifelong teetoaler (sp?), decided to get good and smashed a few New Years Eves ago. He was yakking in a ballroom bathroom by 1:30 am and slept til 6 pm New Years Day. What's the fun in that?

I haven't had any interest in getting drunk on New Years Eve since about 1993. To me, it's more fun to be with loved ones and friends, to shake hands and hug at midnight, to call my sister (well, back before she had a child and was in bed by 10:15) then go back to playing cards or a board game or whatever. Yeah, it's a boring life, but I get by. :D

10. pallister

pallister Guest

New Year's Eve is amateur night, the worst night of the year to go out drinking, IMO. I purposely schedule myself to work that night most years. Last year I was off, but was in by 9:30 and just watched TV the rest of the night.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Well, what do you know? New Year's Eve falls on a Sunday and the bars in this town are all closed. Guess I'll have to hold a party ... that is, if I get the paper put to bed early enough.

12. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.

Draft saved Draft deleted