1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So what are we all going to do?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Feb 27, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Old Tony's got nothing. BYH ad I will knock his place off first...just for practice

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The hot occupations now and in the future are in the healthcare industry. We're all going to be nurses or home healthcare aides taking care of the baby boomer population in their old age.

If you averse to being a nurse, then consider becoming a financial planner/adviser where you can rip off the old geezers of all their retirement money.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

That's why my brother seriously considered going into geriatrics. I mean, talk about a job nobody wants to do... the demand is incredible. He ultimately went with surgery, which I think will also be in demand.

---------

TSP - I found your post very interesting (whether you wrote it or not). It surprised me, though, in light of your accusation that I was 'eggagerating' on my inflation thread.

I was not eggagerating. I live in the #1 or #2 highest cost area in the country due to Mr. Lugs' job. Where do you live? Cleveland? Prices are a little higher here...

-----------

Despite the funnin', it's an interesting topic.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm going to move to England and become a rave DJ.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

You need someone to carry the record crates?

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I didn't write it. It's from that link I put on there. I don't necessary believe everything on that site will happen, but I can buy that oil scarcity will hit us, and if it does it affects EVERYTHING.

And c'mon: milk, eggs, fruit, chicken breasts, bread for $60?? You must have been buying massive quantities.

7. Football_Bat

YOU'RE HIRED!

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Fuckin' A.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Ok, I'll be your promoter. I know a few guys.....

10. Football_Bat

I'll get my people to talk to your people ....

11. Leinie's on special?

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

And a few other staples like coffee, tea, cheese... some veggies... cheerios, drinks... just your basics, though. We might have had 3-4 grocery bags full of stuff.

I buy for 3 people, and I do buy some organic.

But yeah, $60, that's what it came to.

Time to pick up the coupon clipping.

Draft saved Draft deleted