1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So what are we all going to do?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

it is a shame your president created such a shitty american marketplace. but, on an up note, i guess the rich are continuing to get richer.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

At some point, the bastards at Ford, GM and Exxon Mobil will have to alter things. Why has the price of gas remained somewhat steady while the price per barrel went up $30? When did that happen before since 2001? It didn't, and they knew that there is a tipping point for this economy, which is more dependent on transportation than any country in Europe. You don't have the commutes there that you do here.

Fact is, we blew it in the 80s by not mandating rail. But the oil and auto industry can't be stupid enough to let this thing completely blow up in their faces.

Finally, I call bullshit on this:

"Perhaps most importantly, assume that your retirement income, whether government or private, will in due course become quite close to zero, and make some other arrangements for your old age. If you have children, start buttering them up now – you will need their help to survive in your dotage. If you do not have children, then think about having some, or adopting one or two. If you do not have or want children, then be sure to have some good friends who are younger than you."

How are we to depend on our kids when they are supposed to not have jobs?

Let's put it this way, if I've lived a full life and I could potentially be a burden to my kids or grandkids, I will absorb a bullet. They don't deserve that burden.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Bullshit. This system has been fucked longer than Bush has had it. Granted, a bunch of shit has happened of late, but the signs have been there since the 60s.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

create whatever reality you want.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Like you?
    I can hear you:

"George W. Bush created every problem we have today in the United States of America. And today, it was discovered that he was at fault for the Vietnam War, the AIDS epidemic, 1970s price controls, gas lines in the 1970s, Watergate, hippies, the DNC riot in 1968 and the assassinations of Martin Luther King AND Bobby Kennedy. After all, his daddy was in the CIA and he was a party animal."

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Hey, eyes on the ball people, lets focus on the doom and gloom, not the blame game!

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i gotta go to bed, but before i do, i have to ask how in THE fuck are hippies a problem? not only a problem, but a problem to list alongside AIDS and the vietnam war.

again dude, you create a pretty distorted reality.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I just randomly listed everything I could think of that people could blame him for. Including Republicans. After all, YOU were the one who said he carried the load.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

weak.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Actually, I was thinking of opening up a liquor store.

You guys better know this: I'll be packing heat. :D :D

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

They smell bad. ;D

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shit. As a weeny leftie, I'm just going to stick you up with a baseball bat.

Draft saved Draft deleted