1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So tonight I'm going to party like it's post no. 19,999

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Nov 1, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Holy crap am I a loooooooser. Fortunately, Dooley has already proven there's no Y20K bug here. :D

Everyone makes milestone posts at intervals of a hundred or a thousand, but I'm different. So, uhh, here's to SportsJournalists.com: The cause of, and solution to, all of my problems. So in honor of myself, here's 19,999 ways life would be different without SJ:

19,999: I'd have no place to vent about my hatred of large-headed PR monsters.
    19,998: I would have shared my happiness over the Mets' elimination with only my wife instead of thousands of you.
    19,997: I wouldn't be able to kick the asses of complete strangers in fantasy sports.
    19,996: I'd get a lot more work done.
    19,995: I'd never have known there were other people out there who found the sight of a grown man prancing in pink the funniest thing ever...
    19,994: ...or that there are others out there with an encyclopediac knowledge of Beverly Hills 90210 and One Tree Hill.
    19,993: In order to yell at Republicans, I'd have to yell at my real life family and friends.
    19,992: Where else can a man be mocked for his sexual prowess, or lack thereof, by complete strangers...and, in turn, make horrible jokes at the expense of senior citizens?
    19,991: None of my friends care enough about Cheap Trick OR Kiss to argue their HOF relevancy.
    19,990: I'd feel like I was the only man in America ogling Rachael Ray.
    19,989: People on the street look at me funny when I randomly yell BLOGS!!! or FRAUD!!!
    19,988: Peanuts would just be a comic strip and not the inspiration for the greatest thread in the history of the Internet, Charlie Brown.

What a place, SportsJournalists.com, even if the lights occasionally go out and the landlords and I rarely get along. Here's to you, SJ! Now add to my list!

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

19,987: Who would Spnited lose bets too?
    19,986: Who would originate Spnited jokes?
    19,985: Who would "get" my shit?

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

19,984-- Without sj, I wouldn't have become Horny and BBJ's high priestess.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

19,983 -- His mother and his old room wouldn't be Internet stars.
    19,982 -- His greatest achievement would go uncited.
    19,981 -- I would not be hungry.

[/insidejoke]

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

19,980 -- I wouldn't be able to let Shot goad me into making post No. 20,000 before I was damn good and ready.

6. dooley_womack1

19,979--Passive-aggressive would go on unchecked in this world.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

19,978 -- He never would have had the handle "JustinTimberlakeRocksMyBody" after losing a Steelers bet with me.

8. dooley_womack1

19,977 -- Wouldn't have gotten a reacharound from Chris L.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

19,976: Without SportsJournalists.com, he never would have known the thrills of "fun with the quote function."

(j/k, SC) ;D

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

19,975: Post-padding would have been a solitary exercise. ;)

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

19,974: donna martin graduates!

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

19,973 -- VIVA LA VICKBALL!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted