1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, The Leftovers on HBO

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yep. The cinematography and musical selections get as much of a thumbs up as anything for me. Really good job of tying everything together at the end. Seeds are planted for a very interesting Season 3 if HBO sticks with it.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I just finished catching up on this. The second season was so much better than the first. The way the three girls ended up tying in was fantastic.

"Maybe she didn't. Love you."

Very interested in what the third season brings.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Season 1 really set up Season 2 nicely, which, in turn, really set up Season 3 nicely?

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Just caught up with the whole season. Wow, what a great job. Wife and I were unsure about getting back into it after Season 1, but I saw some of the comments here and we had nothing to watch over the winter, so we got back into it. The first couple of episodes we watched a week apart. As it went along, we began watching more frequently as it just got better and better. Fantastic season and awesome finale.

The scene between Nora and Erica in Episode 8 (I think) was some of the best acting in the series.

5. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

6. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I liked this season's premiere. I'd love to read The Book of Kevin.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

We need more middle-aged women slow-motion jumping on a trampoline to Wu Tang Clan songs.

Buck likes this.
  8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

That story was incredible with cousin larry

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Just saw the first episode of Season 3 and I'm excited to see what lies ahead.

It's weird because the show is really very dreary and sad in so many ways, but the brief uplifting moments are so well earned and enjoyable, they keep me coming back. I won't miss this show when it's over, but I'm very interested to see how it finishes up.

10. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I think tonight's was one of the series' best. The scenes with Amy Brenneman and Carrie Coons in them are particularly good.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Still thinking about last night's finale. The whole end run of the show seemed to affect me in a profound way. Really well done TV. Not sure how much more of the story there was to tell. Ending was damn near perfect in tone and execution.

bigpern23 likes this.
  12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Agree 100%.

Draft saved Draft deleted