1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So......the Jr. Chef turns 9 on Feb. 15........

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Jan 18, 2009.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Who needs a fucking cell phone at age 9 anyway? </spnited>

Seriously, the chances for abusing a cell phone are way too great for some 9-year-old to get that for his birthday.

2. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

My nine-year-old stepson would love a cell. We've told him he has to wait until he's 12, but it helps that his brother has one and, thus, the emergency excuse is out.
    You could get him one that has a few numbers programmed in - you, Mrs. Chef, the grandparents, a neighbor and 911, for when he wakes up in the middle of the night to find Daddy knee-deep in toe guts and Miller Lite.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

My 11-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter each have one. We set strong ground rules about it, which they're good on following. My 9-year-old barely uses it -- she never texts, and only has used it if she's at a friend's house or in the park and she wants to let us know she's going somewhere else or needs a ride home or something.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

[​IMG]

Chef, right, assures local roustabout Dude Lebowski, of parts unknown, that he can, in fact, get him a toe. By 3 p.m. With polish. Also, he's finishing his fucking coffee. (AP Photo by Ican't Spillgood)

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

I bow in your general direction.

Draft saved Draft deleted