1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So THAT'S what happens when you mix everything in the liquor cabinet

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by deskslave, Sep 4, 2008.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

19-year-old English girl vows never to drink again after her face swelled up in reaction to a drink that combined Baileys, chilli, tequila, absinthe, ouzo, vodka, cider and gin.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/tees/7598614.stm

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I thought they only drank tea and Guinness.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I have that same problem with swelling — only it's not my face.

4. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

That absinthe's a fucker.

5. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Better story, with more pics: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1052414/Teenage-girls-head-doubles-size-drinking-exotic-holiday-cocktail-Crete.html

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Damn you... beat me to it...

8. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Poor thing.

Just give me my bourbon, Tennessee Whiskey (white lightning if I know it early in the night) or a vodka tonic.

Let's keep it simple folks!

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Sounds almost like what we used to call "Jungle Juice." You pour a handle of Everclear, a few beers, some boxed wine and whatever handle is near gone into a large Gatorade cooler. Put about four pouches of Hawaiian Punch in there and add water.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I seem to recall Bronco Beach Fizz was a mixture of vodka, lime vodka, sprite, Orange Juice and something else, but can't remember what

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"I told you media motherfuckers there was a logical explanation for this."

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'll never forget the time a college friend's roommate made that. He mixed it in a half-gallon pitcher on a Friday night, and still had about a quart left on Monday night. He looks at us, and says, "I'll bet you guys I can drink all of this in 10 minutes!"
    My friend and I look at him as if to say, "whatever," and go back to watching Monday Night Football. He starts chugging. And, to his credit, he did finish. In about 10 minutes, maybe a little more.
    And, 10 minutes after that, he gets this queasy look on his face. As he rushed across the room, the cherry-colored vomit spewed from his mouth for what seemed like a minute. It just kept coming. He threw up every bit of that jungle juice, then went and got a mop and cleaned it up. Even though it reeked, we weren't cleaning up that dumbass' stupidity.

Draft saved Draft deleted