1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So should this person have fried?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I think that's the point I was trying to make. Sorry. I could have done a better job of making that point.

2. I'm not talking about the prison conditions, necessarily, but the fact that we have so many return offenders and the fact that we have so much crime and criminals in general in this country. Obviously something ain't right.

3. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

I have no argument with it there, but it's not that we're being too cruel to prisoners.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I don't believe in the death penalty, and I have a hard time understanding most abortions (with a few clear exceptions).

I don't believe humans should decide whether another human lives or dies, in most cases.

5. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

That's a respectable and consistent argument, Hammer. If you're a liberal, it's a liberal argument that doesn't try to have it both ways.

Draft saved Draft deleted