1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So much for human contact

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Jun 19, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Do the teachers know the students are still off limits?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes. You going some place with that? ;D

3. John

John Well-Known Member

Actually, no. Feel free to run with it.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I think this rule is more about brothers and sisters than teachers and students ... we are talking Virginia after all.

5. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

Mystery Meat mentioned Fairfax County, so I went with it.

6. My parents sent me to this school run by a Pentacostal Baptist church when I was a kid. There was a rule there that you couldn't be within a foot of anyone of the opposite sex. And yes, they did enforce it. They weren't running around with rulers every time a guy passed a gal in the hall. But if you were outside sitting next to someone of the opposite sex they would give you detention for violating the "one foot rule."

7. bueller

bueller Member

Can't touch? Reminds me of a certain 1993 movie classic.
    Greetings, Lt. Lenina Huxley. Be well.

[​IMG]

Though John Spartan touched it later in the movie.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Virginia is a very diverse state....some parts I could see that comment making sense. Then you have parts like Richmond that are more urban.

A good chunk of Fairfax is the wealthy suburbs of D.C. Check out lists of the top public school districts in the country and you'll usually find a few of them from that area. Not sure if this particular district is one of them, but the stereotype doesn't really apply very well in that county.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

ok.

A special clause exempts teachers from this regulation in certain situations. I believe the exact exemption language reads:

'exempt in cases where a teacher or administrator is extremely horny and in dire need of some young meat'.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ok...there's a post for all of SportsJournalists.com to be proud of... ::)

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I assume the Diviynls will not be playing the spring semiformal in the forseeable future.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you don't touch me, I'll sue!

Draft saved Draft deleted