1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So much for hoping ESPN would not shove the AFL down our throats

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Mar 2, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Tonight on SportsCenter: Highlights of the opening night in the AFL!!! ::) ::)

Damn. What a fool I was, thinking ESPN would treat the AFL as it should be treated--that is to say, ignored until the ArenaBowl--even though it has an ownership stake in the abomination.

This just in: NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE AFL!!!! Parents take their kids there because it's cheaper than a month's supply of Ritalin. It sucks. And so do you, ESPN. So do you.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

We had the season preview show on the other night for a few minutes. That was enough for me.

Thanks, ESPN, for ruining something I used to love watching.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yo, dickhead:

Pick up the remote control ... click, click, click.
    Do not watch ESPN unless there is a colege basketball game you want to see.
    There is no other reason to watch..unless, of course, you are a dickhead.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wait, you used to love watching the AFL?

Oh dude. Dude. You cut me deep there. :D

Edit: Nice advice Spnited...from the same grumpy old man who complains about ESPN as much as the rest of us. Shut your mouth and go back to watching I Love Lucy on your Betamax player, dickbag!!! :D :D :D

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I was listening to ESPNRadio tonight and they were talking about the top college basketball games of the night and they kept mentioning games that were on ESPN and ESPN2, yet they failed to mention in the 15 minues I listened to the UCLA-WSU game, which was No. 2 vs. No. 13. I figure since it was on FSN and not one of the 80 million espn channels, then it apparently doesn't matter.
    So, I agree with BYH, fuckabunch of ESPN, no one cares about AFL. Just because you don't have PAC-10 basketball, doesn't mean you shouldn't talk about their games or ignore their highlights, you fucking cocksuckers.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Havent paid attention since they folded the Iowa Barnstormers... fuck ESPN

7. tommyp

tommyp Member

Hate to say I told you so...

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/35395/

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Relax. NCAA tournament just around the corner and baseball right after that.

Now, if ESPN bumps either of those sports to show Arena highlights, you bet your ass I'm on the phone to Bristol.

9. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

See, we can agree on something.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They folded the Iowa Barnstormers?!!? Goddamn it.... ::) ::)

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I look upon this with hope for their contract with MLS. I don't have as high hopes for it though.

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Those 30 seconds must have killed you, BYH. I can't imagine how hard that half minute must have been.

Next time, just go rub one out -- three times -- and skip the AFL highlights.:p

Draft saved Draft deleted