1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So long, Sporting News Today

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by steveu, Aug 24, 2011.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That's the part that grinds at me the most. They knew it was happening and didn't do a damn thing about it.

2. AzTarHeel2003

AzTarHeel2003 New Member

say what you want about sporting news today but i miss it today, the first sunday of the college football season ... i always looked forward to reading their Sunday coverage the past couple of seasons -- it was a nice, full-color, national overview that I couldn't get anywhere else -- at least not as easily and succinctly ...

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That was their crowning moment, Sunday mornings in college football season. They did that quite well.

4. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Read Chris Dufresne in the L.A. Times:
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-0904-dufresne-college-football-20110904,0,1894834.column

5. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Yahoo! fired its CEO today. Can't wait for the inevitable round of "another new direction for Yahoo!" that will commence on this board.
    No?

6. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

What do you know? Sporting News ceased publishing a daily product for a full 12 days.
    Launched iPad app Tuesday.
    Say hello to The Sporting News, its customizable daily product:

http://bit.ly/SNiPadapp

7. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

that's an interesting concept. It looks like all of the content promoted on the example they use is from ESPN or Sports Illustrated or Fox Sports ....

Draft saved Draft deleted