1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So Long 'King of Speed'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Shoeless Joe, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Kenny Bernstein announced his retirement on Tuesday and is folding his race team.

I find it kind of strange.

Running a Top Fuel team is like pouring money out of a boot, but he had a full sponsor deal already in place for 2012 even though Brandon hasn't won a race in two years now.

I kind of wonder if he didn't just get fed up with the way NHRA is being run these days and decided to go to the house. If he simply wanted to spend more leisure time, why not just hand over the keys to the operation to Brandon?

When Joe Amato retired, you've hardly seen him around the track (although I always found Amato peculiar, so that doesn't surprise me). Snake folded his team and got out cold. Now, Bernstein seems to be doing the same thing.

So long, King ... thanks for the memories. :'(

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I loved my limited dealings with Kenny Bernstein. Brandon, not as much, but he's not bad.

It is odd, but hey, not everyone can be Prudhomme.

Draft saved Draft deleted