1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehn, Adieu...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've had a ball here but, as I've said to a few folks over the PM, it's time to put the old Bastard out to pasture.
    There's nothing precipitating this. It's just time. At some point, maybe, I'll come back without the pseud and try to help where I can with j-mac on the writer's board, but the recent discussion about board etiquette made me realize that the uncontrolled cyber-Id isn't enjoyable for me or for most anyone else any more. I hereby publicly apologize to anyone I have insulted, wittingly or unwittingly. I suspect you're all good souls. And also to IJAG, a public apology for a private snit that she didn't deserve.
    So, off I go.
    Be excellent to each other.
    One last photo post.

[​IMG]

2. Staying away from this place is easier said than done.

May the road rise to meet you and the first one's on me if ever the paths shall cross.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Don't be a stranger. A break is good sometimes but as Evil said, we're hard to resist.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Damn. There goes my hope of being passed out this year.

Happy trails, Fenian. Few brought more to the table.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I made it four months one time.

See ya the first Tuesday in November.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

See ya, FB.

Enjoy the Buzz Williams regime :D

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Man, he was in range of me too. Fen, I hope you come back soon so there will be a chance of there being two bigger loosers than me, not just one.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Just when he learned the picture thingy.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I tried to send you a PM, but was unable.

Don't be a stranger.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Come back soon, Fenian.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I regret we didn't geta chance to have an adult beverage when you came to my town. To be honest, I have a feeling that in real life we'd get along famously.

Best of luck and hopefully we'll see you back here when you want to return.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Goddammit.

I was sitting here today, thinking about how to explain to Fenian why what he said to me hurt so much. Why his friendship here and in real life meant the world to me. Why I was sorry for whatever I had said that had upset him.

And now, it's too late. And I can't thank him for everything he's done, without even knowing it. I can't tell him that just being able to exchange Gyllenhaal pictures made my day sometimes. I can't say that the PMs from him would make me see sometimes why I ever got into this godforsaken business.

Fenian, if you see this, please know how much I appreciated knowing you. And I hope I can stop saying that in the past tense at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.