1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So Long, AFL & af2...Hello Arena Football 1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Sep 29, 2009.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

This had been rumored and talked about, and yesterday, it became official. Arena Football League and af2 are gone. Arena Football 1 replaces them. I know these leagues make editors and writers nuts because of the seeming lack of organizational skills the leagues or teams have shown, but is this going to be any different than what was around before?

And/or will anyone (fans/writers) care?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-29-arena-chicagosep29,0,4806295.story

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I had only good experiences covering af2, and I found it very enjoyable to watch.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Des Moines is major league again!

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Thank God our long national fake arena-sport nightmare is over.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

And thank Tebow harried parents can now take their kids to AFL games in lieu of doping them up with Ritalin.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

EXTREME!!!!

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Isn't a better name for it Arena Football 1 1/2?

8. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

That is sort of where I am about af2, too. I enjoyed covering games and having the beat, but my editor(s) didn't always share my enthusiasm. I live in a town with an IFL (formerly UIF) team and covered a nearby city's af2 team. Not sure what I will do next season. Probably cover visiting IFL.

Draft saved Draft deleted