1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So let's see: Dems in power for three days and now we've got ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Nov 10, 2006.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Well, the only question you asked was "What the hell is the matter with you?"

I'm comfortable in my belief that this is a war and not a criminal matter and should be fought as such. You, apparently, are not comfortable with fighting terrorism like a war. You're allowed that stance. I would hope I'm allowed mine.

2. old_tony

Thanks for checking in with your most thoughtful post in three weeks.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It was more a general question on the persona you've chosen to adopt on this board.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The second we took our focus off Afghanistan and put it on Iraq is the second any credible war on terrorism ended. Hell, WMDs were the pretext, not Al Queda (which Saddam hated as much as we did). Did it occur to anybody to make Saddam an intelligence source, not a conquest? I'm sure he would have jumped through some hoops to stay in power by cooperating behind the scenes.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Au contraire, it is just a sign of things to come now that those nasty moderate liberal Dems are in power. There are other examples:

Louisville losing to Rugers ... the Democrats' fault.

Bill Walsh's leukemia ... would have gone into remission if the Republicans would have won.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

We knew about the terrorists' intentions when the plot to bomb LAX was thwarted in 1999.

And we knew about the terrorists' intentions when Condi was told in the summer of 2001 that the latest threat --- on a scale of 1 to 10 --- was a 10.

Condi and Bush and the rest of the idiots just chose to ignore it . . . and go on vacation.

No, that one is still soccer's fault.

Something has to be soccer's fault instead of the Democrats'.

7. old_tony

That persona would be that I don't bow down to liberal dogma. That, apparently, makes me a really bad guy in some people's eyes. I'm an adult. I can handle that. It doesn't mean anyone has to hate anyone. But I certainly see a lot of hate flowing from the left side of the aisle any time a thought to the right of far left is expressed.

8. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

These hateful responses remind me of when all of the cars in the parking lot bearing Republican bumper stickers had been keyed and trashed, while the Democratic cars weren't touched.

Can dish it out, but can't take it. And you are only allowed to speak if your opinion matches that of the left.

This week's sign that, truly, the apocolypse is among us.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, I think putting the Democrats in bed with Al Queda deserves some vitriol to be slapped back at it. And persona, schmersona. Be yourself on here, despite not using your name (saying that for general consumption)

10. old_tony

Actually, we knew the intentions in 1993 when they first bombed the WTC. And we treated it like a criminal matter for eight years under Clinton. And I'm still not blaming him too much, even though the plot for 9/11 was hatched well before he left office. We can only do something about things that happen from here forward. Going back the last 13 years and trying to blame everything on Clinton or Bush produces not a single thing. But if blaming W for not bringing down Al Qaida in the first seven months of his administration makes you feel superior, then have at it.

11. old_tony

The Bush '04 bumper sticker on the back of my car has been messed with so many times by "tolerant, compassionate" liberals I can't count.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh yes, and hate only goes one way!

Think about this. You are using the words of the terrorists to try to make points against people who have beliefs different from yours politically. It is people like you who the terrorists are truly thanking, people like you who were the targets of their words, meant to weaken us and divide us even further.

Face it. The midterms just ended and the American people spoke loud and clear. No amount of bullshit or verbal slight-of-hand can change the fact that the voters believe it is time for a change and if they could vote President Bush out right now they would.

Draft saved Draft deleted