1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So Keith drives everyone crazy, not just conservatives

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Feb 7, 2012.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/02/05/is-keith-olbermann-the-last-hope-for-gore-s-current-tv.html

Hard to imagine a former U.S. vice-president, senator and the guy who was almost President "prostrating himself," as the article says, before Keith Olbermann.

I mean, come on, is Olbermann that good, even to libs?

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Al Gore is used to prostrating himself. His famous "President Clinton will go down in history books as one of our greatest Presidents" pretty much sealed Gore's fate as viable President.

His network stands no chance unless he can get in on the bigger cable operators like Cablevision.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Olbermann was doodah before doodah existed.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Strong.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

As always, I'll hand-deliver a case of the brew of your choice to anyone who posts a pic of Olbermann in his ESPN The Deuce eight-ball jacket.

6. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

I'm a conservative and Keith doesn't drive me crazy. I haven't seen him on TV in years, so he's not a part of my world.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Not the 8 ball coat but...Sam Elliott thinks this mustache is a bit much.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Olbermann is the Mike Keenan of TV journos. He has great ability, but he burns hot then burns out.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Olbermann is widely believed to have Aspergers and I know a few people who have worked with or around him and while they admire his intelligence and ability, they really don't have anything positive to say about him. Granted, that was when he was still at ESPN and that was a long time ago...

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I've been listening to too much country music. I swear my first thought was Toby.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I suppose it's not so much that Al Gore would prostate himself but that K.O. would expect him to. Olbermann's a hack, pure and simple, and the way he treats people -- including a former U.S. Senator and vice-president who probably should have been President (had he carried his home state) -- is reprehensible. I don't agree much with anything Al Gore believes but I do think he's earned a helluva lot more respect than what Olbermann showed him.

12. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

KO was entertaining as a local sports guy (before ESPN). Now he's just an idiot.
    As far as Current tv goes, I've been able to pick it up on three different cable outlets in the LA area. I just don't like the programming. Even Vanguard, an investigative journalism-type of show is flawed. While the show has potential, the reporters are afraid to ask tough questions.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted