1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So It IS like Vietnam, After All.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 22, 2007.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

What about Afghanistan? What about Saudi Arabia, whence most of the 9/11 hijackers originated? What about Osama? What about Indonesia? Pakistan? Sudan?

The surge? Ask these folks: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/22/world/middleeast/22iraq.html?n=Top%2fNews%2fWorld%2fCountries%20and%20Territories%2fIraq

or poll the 2,000,000 Iraqis who've fled their own country.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Well, obviously our job is tougher now that we've got a Dem on record as saying our success there is bad for them. Makes it pretty obvious that we're fighting not just the terrorists, but the Dems, too.

Do you suppose Pelosi has taken Clyburn to the woodshed for letting the Dems' true thoughts out publicly?

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

How about John Warner coming out tonight and saying that it's time to start bringing troops home too, and that the imaginary successes that Billy Kristol and W are hyping up don't really mean jack shit? You know Warner, that esteemed Republican who is considered the dean of military matters in the senate? Or is he borrowing notes from Clyburn and Pelosi?

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Truthiness, maybe.

5. old_tony

There's a difference between being wrong and being against us. If you can't see it, I can't help you.

6. And if you can't see your own ignorance, I can't help you.

7. old_tony

My apologies for simply quoting what a Democrat said. I know how much the truth hurts your side.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Who the hell is "us"?

9. "Truth" hurts "my side?"
    When has the current president, who is on "your" side, ever told the truth?
    Lies got him elected twice. They allowed him to carry out the war he had planned since before his election. Now they are coming to light and ruining his already horrible legacy.
    Really, Tony, read something that you don't agree with once in a while. You might not always change your mind, but you won't be stuck in this cave of ignorance you're in now where Republicans are good and everyone else (including Democrats) are evil.
    You'll be a lot wiser for it.

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I notice tony avoided answering your questions.

11. old_tony

See, your first three sentences there show you to be one of those morons affected by Bush Derangement Syndrome. You're unable to accept the election results; you throw out a statement such as Bush has never told the truth and that he planned a war even before he was elected. Apparently normal Okies have an IQ above 75. You, indeed, are a different Okie.

12. old_tony

What i did was ignore his obfuscations. The topic of this thread is Iraq, and -- more recently -- how a democratic congressman said good news in Iraq is bad news for his party. Or can't you read?

Draft saved Draft deleted