1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So It IS like Vietnam, After All.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Or, to quote one of the board's favorite movies:

"Terrorists blew up a restaurant in Paris, killing five. None from New York."

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

And while billions are being spent in Iraq, people are living in the streets in the United States and New Oreleans is still a mess. Way to go Bush.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yes, if we leave, many innocent Iraqis will die. Which changes the status quo how, exactly?

Meanwhile, we get back to what we do best: Propping up non-democratic governments.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/08/22/iraq.democracy/index.html

4. Another thought...

Remember when Bush made the case for Iraq based on establishing a democracy that would then inspire other democracies in the Middle East, blah, blah, blah.

Now his rationale for the war is, "Just think how much worse things will be if we leave!" There's a bumper sticker.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You can take a good snapshot of how different the attitude is from the two recent mine collapses.

Six people in Utah, wall-to-wall coverage.

192 people in China, merely a blip.

6. None from New York.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The whale in the Ukraine had triplets...

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

She told me she was on the pill!

9. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Features editor: And, we've got another story in our series on penile implants.

Henry: Yeah, do you think we could get another dick drawing here? This one looks like the state of Florida, or the 11th at Shinnecock ... And I'd play over the water.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Big scoop from the TV guys: Pinhead's brother cancels trip.

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I would like to introduce you all to this blog. It is at my hometown paper, and I frequent it in order to make sure a reasonable voice is always part of the discussion. Today, she finally went over the edge.

http://www.fayobserver.com/blog/comments?bid=16&eid=4809

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Wow.

That's all I gots.

Draft saved Draft deleted