1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, is it really sterile?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, Jul 5, 2008.

1. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Not to worry. I can pinch-hit every now and then.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You're like Wayne Knight. That's how he described playing Newman: "You didn't get to play in every games, but when you got up, you had to knock it out of the park."

3. I think he said he was more like a designated hitter, if I recall correctly. "They respect your bat, but you don't get to play in the field."
    And I was surprised, Mike, that you weren't the one to jump on my setup.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think it's a mix between the two. But you're probably closer. It's been a couple years since I've seen it.

I was out of commission for a long while yesterday, so I missed this. And I nearly missed the mention of my name as I skimmed through the posts, which I normally don't do. So as I was saying the next lines to myself, CN already took the dialogue. The bat was sitting on my shoulder.

5. But was that the bat of a DH or a PH?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It was definitely the DH. I just recall him saying you didn't get to play every game. But I have been wrong a time or three. I'm sure your lines is much closer than mine.

7. Well, we're beating a dead horse, but my last comment was simply a joke asking if the bat on your shoulder was that of a DH or PH...I really don't care which one of us is accurately quoting Mr. Knight.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

You're both dorks.

9. I'm sure we can all agree on that.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I always listen to the king dork.

11. I believe he's talking about you, Mr. Mullet.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Oh, I didn't even look at what you quoted. I'm not consistent enough to be a designated hitter. I'm like Lenny Harris, only not as good. Always off the bench.

Draft saved Draft deleted