1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So I'm reading my...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Nov 3, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not here in hooterville... no paper, no bars...

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Good heavens, Jake Roberts was the face? That's a scary thought. On the other hand, I guess if you're named McNasty, you SHOULD be the heel. Did he dress up as a Big Mac?

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Found this and wondered if Jake thought this way about Sherri!

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Some years back I was at a video trade show here in Toronto that Coliseum Video was part of. A friend of mine got me into the meet-and-greet with Mach Man Savage (great moment in my life) who was accompanied at the time by Sensational Sherri.

I chatted with her for a bit while Savage did his thing and found she was very nice and quite soft spoken in marked contrast to her hysterical in-ring persona. Wide shoulders too. Can't imagine what she looks like now, though.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am channel surfing now and the event from beautiful downtown (Parts unknown) is on TV now... 200 people in the audience and most of them very scary...

Announcer said Jake the Snake Roberts and Sheri MArtel could sell out any arena in the county and they can't get anything in (Parts unknown)...

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Scary part about this is not Sheri Martel... it's that I recognize people in the audience...including the 300-pound kid from the local gambling arcade..

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am channel surfing and see the main event on local TV right now... jake Roberts looks like death awarmed over and Scari Sheri is even nastier than I remember...

8. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I saw Jake about two years ago at a county fair.
    He has seen better days. After an "exhibition," he bet anyone in the audience $50 (yes, $50) to step into the "ring" and beat him. From the back steps the biggest fucking Samoan/Guamian/Fijian man -- I think -- you've ever seen. This behemoth of a man takes it to Jake. He's on top of him inside 90 seconds. 1-2-3-$50. So sad.

It was sad.

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I saw Bobo Brazil wrestle about 20 years ago in Carleton, Mich.

Most of you won't know who he is.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

This is hilarious. I just had almost the exact same experience. I purchased one of the local papers, and in it there was a similar add for a wrestling show at a local armory, featuring who else: Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake. How the mighty have fallen.

Where I live, wrestling is enormous. The WWE must come through here at least once every six weeks or so. It's one of their strongholds (Northeast PA). Bands such as Def Leppard and Dokken can tour here in perpetuity and people will buy their tickets. It's unbelievable.

I guess The Snake, Sherry, and The Barber have to make a living, too. Funny stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted