1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So if you're covering West Virginia football today ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Jersey_Guy, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

good god, are you 12?

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I agree. And "precisely the time" to ask the question isn't a millisecond after the coach threatens to leave if you ask the question. For god's sake, you can't wait five minutes? I don't see why this is so difficult for you to comprehend.

Ask the question. But get some other shit out of the way first. Do it any other way and you aren't being "professional." You're just being an asshole.

3. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I was kind of thinking the same thing.

EDIT: I'll just bite my tongue on the rest of it.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd ask him if he's concerned that such talk about his status might affect recruiting.

5. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

Nah, I just expect people to be able to do their jobs well.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

unless i've had the floor, i've never asked a question in a room full of sports writers when a question "needed to be asked."

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yeah, thanks for weighing in.

report your findings back to your class on monday.

8. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

And I'll go back to what I said earlier. You've fucked up your job if all you get out of today's bowl presser was: "Rich Rodriguez said not to ask about Michigan. So, just to show how big my dick was, I made sure the first question was about Michigan. And then he stormed off."

Compelling stuff. You'll win a Pulitzer for sure!

9. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

Sounds like a good story to me.

10. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

And you can get that story, even if you wait five minutes to allow other reporters to get what they need for the rest of the month too, Chief.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

dude, forget it. he has nothing of value to add.

12. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

If anyone tried that shit in a presser I was working, I would key their car. I swear to God.

Again, I'm not saying nobody should ask the question, ever. I'm saying just some decorum and common courtesy to the rest of the press corps would be nice, too. It's not even that fine a line to tread.

Draft saved Draft deleted