1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So if you're covering West Virginia football today ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Jersey_Guy, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

So answer me this, Pulitzer Wannabe, TheSportsPredictor and Jersey_Guy (and others): Have you done it?

To me, until you walk down there, he makes that proclamation and you ask the question, don't question it and get on people for not doing it.

As shotglass said, if I make my half-hour trip up to the college I cover and the coach says he's not talking about job rumblings (and I have), and the SID says that the next media availability for the team is not until the week-long finals period is over (which he did) and I have at least six days and 3,000 words of material to fill in that time (which I did), I'm not asking the question.

What did I do? Run the exchange verbatim about the college search, poke around a bit with other sources and go on with bowl prep stuff. I'm not screwing myself over - and the other eight-plus outlets - by asking the question, especially with a coach who has got up and left in the past.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Well, Rodriguez sure did get up and leave today so I guess it's a moot point now.

3. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

I don't know about cheating.

Being a dickhead, certainly.

But he's mellowed out.

;)

4. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

Speaking of cheating...
    How about this line from some sort of opinion piece by a radio guy named Doug Karsch in the Freep:

"He’s got to prove he can win at Michigan, in a tougher conference than he did at West Virginia (Big East). He’s got to prove that he can do it within the rules. Which is something that I think is a bigger factor than the average fan thinks about."

The story is here:
    http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071216/SPORTS06/71216040

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm still chuckling at that post.

Draft saved Draft deleted