1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So if you're a player named by Mitchell...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Which only proves you're clean now. It doesn't prove you were clean X number of years ago.

I'm not going to try and defend anybody who used PEDs, but...

The guys on this list who are innocent, and my guess is there are a few, are screwed in terms of clearing their names.

The "The silence from all the other guys is deafening" line is an indication of the way public opinion is going to fall regarding Mitchell's List.

It hasn't been 24 hours since the report came out but the fact that no one has responded to it proves they're all guilty? Give me a fucking break.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

First, you don't bring lawsuits that you know you can't win just for p.r. reasons, and second, there is no reliable blood test (as noted by Sen. Mitchell yesterday). No athlete has ever been caught using HGH through blood testing. Nobody. Ever.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I meant the guys who have been openly accused for several years --- Bonds, McGwire, Palmeiro, etc. Not one of them has filed suit against Canseco, for example.

Draft saved Draft deleted