1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, I saved a life today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bydesign77, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I took it in college, but I am not sure if I remember how to do it anymore. Where would you go to get CPR training?

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Your local American Red Cross or most Parks and Rec Departments give them.

Awesome job by_design. I'm ashamed to say I don't know how to administer CPR. I need to learn.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Somebody buy this man a drink!

4. My wife knows CPR, so I'm all set. Hopefully there's someone around who knows CPR if she ever starts choking ...

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

bd, if we cross paths, you have a drink on me.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Excellent day you had there, sir. You are to be commended.

Yeah, I'd save it for the 14-year-old Kid With A Computer board if I were you, too.

7. Colton

Colton Active Member

*high 5*

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Way to go, bd.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Nice work dude. You can and should be nominated for a Heroes award from the Red Cross.
    This is the kind of thing they are always looking for, but if you get nominated, you can never call a sports figure a "hero" again for an athletic achievement.
    On a CPR related note: Chest compressions aren't bad, it does get a little creepy when you feel the ribs break.
    Still though saving a life is an awesome feeling and one you won't forget. Ever.

10. boots

boots New Member

That's an old standing joke from back in the late 1970's when MARTA was formed. When African Americans say it, it's funny. When white's say it it's racist.
    ByDesign, nice job my man. You are truly a hero and make sure the people at your "new gig" know what you did. They usually give out medals for stuff like that.
    I'm proud to know you and even prouder to know that you had the guts to help someone in trouble.
    OUTFUCKINGSTANDING!!!!!

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Awesome ByDesign! Congrats and someday someone will return the favor (I believe in karma.)

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Great work byd! Glad you were able to use your CPR training.

I saved my brother's life once, but I'll never do it again.

Draft saved Draft deleted