1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, I ran into Bubbler at my local Wal-Mart today.......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

.....or if it wasn't, it was a reasonable comparison to him.

Had to go pick up a few items......and the crowd out there was a melting pot of society;

From the lady with 4 kids, a large tattoo of what was a shark at one time on her leg, that had apparently meta-morphed into a whale, and a fresh head wound, to old men and old women, to a VERY, VERY large woman who was riding around in one of those buggies, who was sporting 4 new VERY, VERY large hickies on her neck (at least, I thought they were hickies)...........to Bubbler.

I pick up my few items, go to the check-out line, and there was a guy I've known for a while off to the side of my aisle reading a Automotive News magazine with a look on his face as his wife was unloading her massive cart of groceries that had anger/getmethehelloutofhere/boredom written all over it........I look at him and say, "So......you having fun yet?"

The reply; "They need to do two things to this fucking place........burn it down, or put a bar in here. Either one is fine with me."

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You assume Bubbler speaks to Wal-mart patrons....

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Ironically, I WAS in a Wal-Mart last night for the first time in a long time.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Wal-Mart should have a cover charge. No other freak show is free.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

It's like a 250,000 sq. ft. amusement park.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

All they need is a cotton candy/corn dog stand and a roller coaster.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Loves me sum Wally Mart.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've got time to kill tomorrow. Perhaps I'll spend my time at Wal-Mart, checking off all the kinds of weirdos I see.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Look in the ammo department.. am sure the wingnuts are stocking up...

11. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Come to my town. It's truly an unforgettable experience...and where I shop for groceries because I'm poor.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I used to shop at the Super Wal-Mart when I lived in New York. But they don't have any around me now, which is OK because I'm probably spending a little less now. Of course, I'm missing out on all the fun.

I really do love going to Wal-Mart. I hate standing in the lines, and I had a bad experience with the customer service department last time I went, but I love the game of it all. No matter which department -- the ammo and clothing sections are the best -- with the exception of lawn and garden (come on), is loaded with freak-show candidates.

I'll sit down and make a list of people to find tomorrow, and I won't leave until I check every one of them -- or until I have to go to work. It'll be fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted