1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So I just rewatched Fahrenheit 9/11......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, May 29, 2008.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I couldn't understand how people voted for Bush in '04. I really couldn't and I still can't.

In the debates, Bush came off as an idiot while Kerry looked like a freaking genius. Kerry always seemed more presidential to me, and seemed like he had a idea for what he wanted to do with the country. Bush, on the other hand, ran on the platform of "Vote for me or the country will get bombed". And it worked.

I think the biggest problem in that election is that to most voters thought Kerry was a flip-flopper who was never consistent, and to their credit, the Bush campaign did a good job protraying that. But four years later, i wonder what the hell happened.

But, hey, what the hell do I know? I thought Bush was the better choice in '00.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Because Mr. Sta-Puft's strategy of divide, conquer, and maintain 51% worked, one more time.

You only need to maintain mastery over the swing 2% distracted by bright, shiny objects to make that work.

Not working, this time. Am amused by Fredo and Sta-Puft's diligent lobbying for
    Mr. Flip-Floppy for VP. Yeah, the population is just chomping at the bit to pull the lever for the Mittster in a general. Riiiiiiiight.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I ran into a lot of people who said that about the film.
    Hell, at least I took the time to see Ben Stein's movie before saying it sucked.

4. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I didn't like the movie as much as I had hoped. I think he pulled far too many punches. He was going out on tangents instead of just attacking Bush on the basic facts. The Saudi connection didn't do much for me. I was upset because I thought he did a C-plus job of selling the liberal perspective on the war. But at least he made the effort. I applaud him for that.

I think it's somewhat interesting that the number of Bush supporters on this thread has dwindled. I commend those folks who saw the light. I'm not sure what to think of those who haven't. I feel like I'm trying to get my kid to eat a Snickers but he just refuses and says he'd rather have bean sprouts. It just seems wholly irrational to me. Certainly, I can understand the conservative viewpoint on the issues, but Bush's presidency hasn't been anything but a giant bucket of fail.

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

And that is precisely why I refuse to align with a party. I think it's the height of stupidity for someone to support someone like Bush simply because he represents your "party." Think for yourself and judge the person on their actions, not something as arbitrary as a party. It's embarrassing to hear some people still try to defend Bush or the war in Iraq.

Draft saved Draft deleted