1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So I got a Wii for Christmas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

My wireless connection isn't protected but requires a browser log-in to get on, so it's basically useless for my Wii.

As for a game that hasn't been mentioned on here: SUPER PAPER MARIO. That game is addictive. I beat about four worlds the first night without getting off my couch. It's amazing. I beat Paper Mario 2 for the GameCube, but this one is even worse because you can go into 3D to get around enemies and to find hidden blocks that you need. So much fun. Plus, the third world or level or whatever is completely devoted to making fun of computer geeks, with the boss being a nerd frog. Totally friggin hilarious.

Oh, and you get to play as Bowser. Yeah, he's a good guy and super helpful when playing bosses, because you can roast them with his fire breath.

After I conquer this one, I'm going for Super Mario Galaxy. I've heard good things about it all around.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, the web browser is cheap (500 Wii points, or $5), but it sucks. Like Gomer said, you can't watch any video other than YouTube and typing by pointing is ridiculously boring. It also shrinks everything down so much that it's hard to read (the sides of web pages are often cut off), which is weird since you're browsing on a screen bigger than almost any computer monitor.
    I bought the browser, and at $5 it's handy to have. But given the choice I'll just surf the web on my laptop.

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Wenders, if you think Super Paper Mario is good, you're in for a pleasant surprise when you play Galaxy.

Batman, I got the browser when it was still free (which lasted about three months after it was released).

Say, if anyone's online and wants to play some Mario Kart of Smash Brothers, PM me. I'm up for an hour or two here before hitting the sack.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Galaxy is the funnest game I've ever played. A great blend of strategy, interesting play that takes full advantage of Wii's platform, and incredibly cool worlds.

Unfortunately, I am stuck. And I mean stuck.

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Have you tried GameFAQs.com? They have walk-throughs and whenever I get stuck, usually I can look it up on there and see where I went wrong and how to get out of it.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yeah, I have used that kind of thing many times, but in this case it's more of a skill and commitment issue than a strategy issue. :)

7. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I've finished most of the worlds on Galaxy and am doing purple coins now. The worlds I haven't finished, i can't. The coins I can't get, I can't. Like, I've hit a threshold for being able to do the moves. Sigh.

Draft saved Draft deleted