1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So I got a Wii for Christmas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Being a veteran of Lego games, I can honestly say that the Star Wars ones are friggin addicting and very funny for having no spoken dialogue. I'm eagerly awaiting to getting the Lego Batman and Indy games. The Lego Indy game won some kind of award at the VGAs recently.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I really fucking wish these things weren't $300. I'm jealous as hell, but no way I'm buying a Wii until the damn price goes down.

3. Tommy_Dreamer

You should have one in two years then. I just don't see Nintendo lowering it any because they sell well now and they're still cheaper than XBox 360 Pros and PS3s

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Yep. And I ain't paying for those systems, either. I've got an old PS2 that I haven't used in about two years gathering dust in the living room. I'm not at home enough to get any use out of it, and even when I am, I'm too busy lately with research and writing to spend much time playing NCAAFB seasons like I used to.

I'd play the Wii, I think, and make it worth my while. But I'm still not spending that much money for it. Comes down to $200, and I'll be happy to consider it.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

FH, Madden is completely different on the Wii than it is on PS. If you're used to playing it on PS, playing on the Wii is going to seem harder because every is based on arm movements instead of pressing buttons. I recommend you spend a lot of time in the practice area first.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

They cost $300? Holy cow, I'm definitely not spending that much. I'd really like one, though. It just seems the perfect mix of video games and exercise and fun.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

$249 is the price with Wii sports and a controller. If you have an HDTV you'll need the component cables, which run, $30 or so, so that you can have the best quality of gaming on your system. It's akin to buying an HDMI cable when you have an HDTV and a PS3.

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Thanks Bob. Haven't broken it out just yet, but after reading the directions, I plan on practicing a ton.

9. Rambler

Rambler Member

Got one too and my shoulder is sore as hell from tennis...

Anyone have the NHL game? Any good?

10. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Little trick I learned... The Wii responds to the quickness with with you move the remote, not the distance, so you can hit wicked shots just with a quick flick of the wrist, rather than a big swing of the arm. Easier on the limbs.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Mario Galaxy is so great, a perfect integration of the Mario games and the Wii functionality. Funnest game I've ever played, even though I'm currently stuck.

12. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

Downloaded tecmo bowl on the Wii.

Awesome.

Being able to play Mario Kart 64 on the Wii rocks, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted