1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So I got a Wii for Christmas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Two words: Income tax.

OK three words (hopefully): Income tax REFUND.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No Wii for me, but I did get a PS3 for Christmas. I'm not sure I'll ever leave the house again ...

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

or: three paychecks in january.

4. I wish we did.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Guy I work with owns one and we play it sometimes at the office.

Mario Kart is loads of fun and so is the baseball game.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club there Cosmo. Hopefully Santa delivered some blu-ray discs with that and a copy of NCAA 09. When I get my ps3 hooked up to the internet we'll have to get some games going.

7. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I couldn't possibly play a Wii (I think). I still have a partially torn rotator cuff from high school baseball. I have a feeling it would destroy what's left of my arm.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If you do the boxing first, you may hhave to put Wii Fit off for a day or two. The Wii Sports boxing game will KILL you. Consider this a friendly warning.

As for games you should get...
    If you like the Wii Sports golf, pick up one of the Tiger Woods games. It's like the Wii Golf on steroids. More courses, a lot more in-depth, and a good learning curve. Unless you actually are a regular golfer, you probably won't pick it up and dominate.
    If you're a fan of old-school games, check out the Virtual Console. Lots of games from older systems on there, plus a few newer ones that are decent. Plus, most of them are only $5-$10, depending on the system. If you like platformers (think games like Super Mario Bros.) and aren't afraid of a challenge, Mega Man 9 is a fun one. It's also the only Wii Ware game I've bought so far.
    Mario Kart is a good one. Even the online play is done well enough that you won't jump in and get crushed.
    I've also heard good things about Super Mario Galaxy.

One of the big things to watch out for is third party games (the ones not made by Nintendo). They tend to either suck or be an overpriced collection of mini-games. There's some good Wii games, but there don't seem to be a lot of B+ type games out there. For the most part, they're either really good or really bad.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Wuss.

10. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

Wii + carpal tunnel = OWW THAT FUCKING HURTS LIKE SHIT!

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'll be over at noon tomorrow, F_H.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Ain't that the truth.

Holy shit, one bout (against my girlfriend -- have fun with that, quote-functioners! :D) completely kicked my ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted