1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So I finally saw Indy 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by king cranium maximus IV, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I thought it was a fun movie. wholly unbelieveable for sure, bad CGI, but at the end of the day it was just a good fun movie. Nothing to be taken seriously or expect much more out of.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Bad CGI is big flaw in this flick. Some of it looked as bad as Mola Ram falling into the Gator pit. And considering how much stuff was done practically in the original three, it really took away from this one.

I understand the logic they used in going to the space alien stuff, but it was still annoying and pushed Indy from action/adventure into the science fiction realm. It's hard to take a screen legend send it in a completely different direction like that. If this movie starred Nicholas Cage and was called "National Treasure 3: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," I don't think it would have gotten as bad reviews as it did.

3. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

I was generally amused with the fridge. Didn't necessarily have problems with the aliens.

But, see...Raiders and Crusade earned their fantasy elements by slowly plotting toward them. We only get the payoff of melted/aged faces after a couple of hours of building and layering. The arc is stuffed into a box for so long that we're just itching to see all the stuff it can do. The aliens just...kinda showed up in this one.

And again, the CGI. How could the CGI have been that lousy?

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted