1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So I finally saw Indy 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by king cranium maximus IV, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

He has no chin.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Are you really trying to compare LaBeouf's performances in Transformers and Indy 4 to Hirsch in Into the Wild and Milk?? I mean, I thought Stallone was much better in Rocky and Cop Land than Clint Eastwood was in The Rookie and Space Cowboys. ::)

While I tend to agree that Hirsch is the better actor, it's absurd to try to compare what was asked of them in those movies and to exclude Speed Racer.

You never saw Goonies?

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Hey, hey, hey, lay off my boy Shia.

I grew up watching him on Even Stevens. He's likeable and charismatic in his own quirky way.

I thought he and Ford did the best they could with such a terrible, terrible screenplay.

4. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Here's my deal: If I were to list things I've taken away from Indy 4, both good and bad...Shia the Beef would be in the good half. Well into it, in fact. He didn't suck.

The CGI was just...um...really. Wow. The rubber masks and stop-motion stuff of Raiders is still riveting. CGI gophers? CGI ants? Are you expecting me to feel anything at this shit?

The ending reminded me of Mission to Mars. This is not a good thing.

5. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

I liked Shia in Transformers and I, Robot, but other than that, I don't think he's done anything I can remember. I figure he's a draw cause women like him, but they're not the one's going to see most of these action flicks.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

The ants thing might have been cool had I not already seen it 45 times in the Mummy movies.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You knew it was going to suck when Lucas was mouthing homilies such as "It's just a movie" in pre-release interviews.

They knew it. Grotesque plot, absurd special effects, and a tired Ford.

Godspeed. Lost Ark and Last Crusade were great. I'll settle.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Ford had script approval. The movie took so long to make because Mucas, Spielberg and Ford had to agree.

I didn't get why there was so much bad CGI (CGI in space, acceptable and often good. CGI in a jungle, bad and obvious) when Spielberg gave interviews during production talking about how happy he was to be making movies the old way (with stunts and such) again.

But again, both those titans have lost it quite a bit in recent years. Guns into walkie-talkies in the ET re-release? Was he stoned?

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I thought it was one of the worst movies I've seen in a theater.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I saw it on an overseas flight. I would have walked out, but it would have been a hell of a drop.

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Good god, do you live on the moon or something.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Close. Morocco. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted